...MUSIC...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

...MUSIC...

Forum o muzici

HomeGalleryLatest imagesТражиРегиструј сеПриступи

biografija

Go down 
2 posters
АуторПорука
MusicFreak
clan
clan
MusicFreak

Број порука : 29
Локација : Lonely place
Registration date : 15.08.2008

biografija Empty
ПорукаНаслов: biografija   biografija Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:20 pm

Bullet For My Valentine biography
Supercharged intensity from Bridgend rock four-piece, making a splash on both sides of the Atlantic.

Originally known as Jeff Killed John, the band formed in 1999 while studying music at Bridgend College. Starting out as a Nirvana and Metallica covers band, in 2002 they released a two-track CD (You/Play With Me) through the Pynci scheme for new Welsh musicians.

Produced by Greg Haver, the songs were little more than identikit nu-metal, but it did help secure them a live Radio 1 broadcast at Newport's TJ's. They were even managed by Visage singer Steve Strange for a while.

Originally they played identikit nu-metal, before it went out of fashion and fate forced a rethink. "We were due to go in the studio on Saturday, and our bassist Nik Crandle quit on the Friday," says Tuck. "Everything went completely tits up. It was a really big kick in the balls but it made us stronger.

"It was so nearly the end of our dream as we were all fed up with constantly banging our heads against a wall, but thankfully we gave it one more shot under a new identity, and it worked."

Jeff Killed John rethought their strategy, recruited Jason James on bass, and worked on their sound. And, crucially, they got rid of the rubbish name. And so Bullet For My Valentine were born.

BFMV played a London showcase in February 2004, which piqued the interest of a few major labels. They were offered a deal by Roadrunner, but turned it down. Which was just as well, as in October 2004 the band put their mark on a five album deal with Sony, with a UK licensing deal with Visible Noise, home to Lostprophets.

The highs and lows of the past clearly made them stronger, as Matt told Sound Nation magazine: "We would have loved it five years ago, of course, but what's happened now is for the best.

"If we'd been signed five years ago, we would probably have gone the same way as many of the bands from back then and been dropped by now. We've matured a lot, and we understand the business better now as well.

The debut Bullet For My Valentine release was their eponymous five-song mini-album, released on 15 November 2004.

"The songs will speak for themselves," says Matt. "So many other bands would rather look good and sound bad, but it's totally the opposite with us. It's all about the music and the riffs. Enough said."

Bullet's debut single, 4 Words (To Choke Upon), was released on 28 March 2005, and deleted on the same day. Bullet's full-length debut album, The Poison, was released in October 2005.

Their new 11-track album Scream Aim Fire was released on 28 January 2008. According to Matt, "it's a lot more up-tempo than The Poison, a lot more aggressive". He feels the tracks on the album "are intense and accessible, whilst still keeping our metal roots".

It was preceded by a single, also called Scream Aim Fire, on 21 January 2008
Назад на врх Go down
MusicFreak
clan
clan
MusicFreak

Број порука : 29
Локација : Lonely place

biografija Empty
ПорукаНаслов: Re: biografija   biografija Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:24 pm

Bullet for My Valentine performing at Earthday Birthday, on April 29, 2007. From left to right: Michael Paget, Jason James, and Matthew Tuck
Background information
Also known as BFMV
Origin Bridgend, Wales, United Kingdom
Genre(s) Metalcore[1]
Heavy metal[2]
Years active 1998–present
Label(s) Columbia (UK)
Trustkill Records (U.S.)
Gun Records/Sony-BMG
Jive Records (Present)
Associated acts 12 Pints of My Girlfriend's Blood
Jeff Killed John
Website bulletformyvalentine1.com
Members
Matt Tuck
Michael Paget
Jason James
Michael Thomas
Former members
Nick Crandle
Bullet for My Valentine is a four-piece metalcore band from Bridgend, Wales. Originally known as "12 Pints of My Girlfriend's Blood", the band formed in 1998 and covered songs by Metallica and Nirvana. They saw that their name was too graphic for a mainstream audience, and renamed themselves "Jeff Killed John". Financial difficulties marked a change in music direction and name for the band and so the band was renamed again to "Bullet for My Valentine" in 2002, and was offered a record deal by Roadrunner Records. That offer was turned down, and the band later secured a five-album deal with Sony BMG.

Bullet for My Valentine's debut album The Poison was released on October 3, 2005 in the United Kingdom and on Valentine's Day in America in 2006 to represent the name "Bullet for My Valentine", the album was dedicated to long time friend Simon Roy Denning. The album entered the Billboard 200 at number 128, and the Top Heatseekers chart at number 1, and has sold 375,000 copies in the U.S. as of February 6, 2008. The band made appearances at the Download Festival, Kerrang! XXV, and a United States tour with Lacuna Coil and Rob Zombie, which the band were ultimately kicked off due to vocalist Matthew Tuck's comments on the band's message board. Bullet for My Valentine's second studio album Scream Aim Fire debuted at number 4 on the Billboard 200, with first-week sales of 53,000 copies.[3]

[edit] Biography
"Jeff Killed John" was the forerunner band for BFMV and was formed in 1998 by Matthew Tuck (guitar and vocals), Michael "Padge" Paget (guitar), Nick Crandle (bass guitar), and Michael "Moose" Thomas (drums), while studying music at Bridgend College. Playing Nirvana and Metallica covers, the band released a two-track CD in 2002 produced by Greg Haver, and was called You/Play With Me. It was financed through the Pynci scheme for new Welsh musicians and the release garnered the band radio airplay on live Radio 1's broadcast at Newport's T.J.'s.[4]

Jeff Killed John members wanted to follow the nu metal trend set by bands such as Korn and Limp Bizkit — playing what they thought would get them far and what record labels wanted to hear. Bassist Crandle left the band on the eve of entering the recording studio and was replaced by Jason "Jay" James. As nu metal had started to become less popular, the band gave it one final shot by changing their name to Bullet for My Valentine, a name which refers to the "fictional evil yet loving lyrical content". A change in music direction was agreed on, and the band played what they wanted to rather than follow the influential bands at the time.[4]

[edit] Record label signing
For six-to-ten months, Bullet for My Valentine played at concerts to attract the interest of record labels. At a show in London, Roadrunner Records showed interest and offered the band a deal. The label was ultimately turned down, and the band signed a five record deal with Sony BMG, and a United Kingdom licensing deal with Visible Noise. The choice to choose Sony as said by frontman Tuck was "We thought that a lot more doors would be open to us with the Sony deal".[5]

A self-titled EP was released on November 15, 2004 in the U.K., and November 30, 2004 in the United States. Produced by Colin Richardson and mixed by Andy Sneap, the EP featured five tracks and marked the band's first official release.[6] A second EP, titled Hand of Blood was released on August 22, 2005 through Trustkill Records, and was only available in the United States. The EP contained one extra track than the self-titled EP, "4 Words (To Choke Upon)". Decibel Magazine contributor Daniel Lukes responded to the EP negatively stating "The worst part is that the music itself isn’t all that bad, for the genre. 'Cries In Vain' even threatens to kick some major ass before drowning in vocal sub-Incubusisms"; commenting the band should be embarrassed about the release.[7] Zeromag.com editor Josh Joyce complimented the band on "how technical they can get without confusing the kids".[8]

[edit] The Poison
Bullet for My Valentine's debut album, The Poison, was released in the U.K. on October 3, 2005 and February 14, 2006 in the U.S. It entered the Billboard 200 at number 128,[9] attained a peak of number 2 on the Top Heatseekers, and number 11 on the Top Independent albums.[10] As of February 6, 2008, the album has sold 375,000 copies in the U.S.[11][12]

Music sample:
"Tears Don't Fall"

Blabbermouth.net Reviewer Scott Alisoglu commented on "Tears Don't Fall"; "the twin lead work, thrashy romps, galloping tempos, and a hot solo launch the track out of mediocrity"[13]
Problems listening to the file? See media help.Critical response to the album was mixed. Stylus Magazine editor Dom Passantino commented the band's contribution to the world of music is "basically a slightly uglier, yet similarly polished take on their genre than Lostprophets", awarding a C- grade.[14] Blabbermouth.net reviewer Scott Alisoglu stated Bullet for My Valentine "is fairly good at what it does and at least half of the songs are better than average", although commented that the album "follows with several 'hey, it's predictable, but pretty rocking' moments".[13] Decibel Magazine contributor Kirk Miller commented "There’s zero in the originality department here", although praised the band's synchronised song structures compared to other bands.[15]

Four singles were released from The Poison including "4 Words (To Choke Upon)", the band's first single, followed by "Suffocating Under Words of Sorrow (What Can I Do)". "All These Things I Hate (Revolve Around Me)" peaked on the Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks at number 13 and number 30 on the Modern Rock Tracks. "Tears Don't Fall" peaked at number 24 on the Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks and number 32 on the Modern Rock Tracks.[16]

Bullet for My Valentine played at the Download Festival in Donington Park for three consecutive years, first appearing at the 2004 festival on the Barfly stage.[17] The following year with increased popularity, Bullet for My Valentine played on the larger Snickers stage,[18] and in 2006 the band were moved to near the top of the main stage bill, playing on Sunday night below Guns N' Roses and Funeral for a Friend.[19] Other tours the band embarked on included opening for Metallica and Guns N' Roses for six weeks of the summer in 2006,[20] the Vans Warped Tour, Kerrang! tour, and Earthday Birthday on April 28, 2007. The band's performance at the Brixton Academy in London was filmed for the band's first DVD, The Poison: Live at Brixton.[21]

Paget and Tuck at Roskilde 2006Bullet for My Valentine were removed as a supporting act on a 2006 tour with Rob Zombie after 17 shows. Tuck posted a message on the band's official message board, stating the band were not being treated well on the tour in response to fans who complained about t-shirt prices and sound quality.[22] Zombie made the band price match his merchandise ($40 a shirt), and were only allowed two pieces. Because the band were unable to use a dressing room, could not perform a sound check, Tuck referred to the headliner as "money-grabbing fucks" and "does not want to be associated with that ass wipe old man". Tuck commented "Basically, we are shit to him, but fuck it — if this is what it takes to get a name over here, then it's gotta be done".[23] A few hours later, Tuck posted a message apologizing for his comments claiming they were "out of line and totally exaggerated". However, the band were kicked off the tour the following day for the comments. Vocalist of fellow support act Lacuna Coil, Andrea Ferro, attributed the behaviour due to inexperience; "Probably they got some different kind of success in the U.K. in the beginning and they think that they paid their dues, but I believe that they still have to pay their dues, like everybody".[24]

During June 2007, Tuck suffered from laryngitis which led to a number of shows being postponed until early January. A tonsillectomy was scheduled in mid July, although it was brought forward at the last minute at the advice of Tuck's doctor. Advised a minimum recovery period of four weeks, the band were forced to cancel several shows. This included supporting Metallica for three dates on their Sick of the Studio '07 tour on June 29 in Bilbao, Spain, July 5 in Vienna, Austria, and July 8 at the recently completed Wembley Stadium in London. Machine Head replaced the band as supporting act.[25] Although unable to speak, Tuck wrote that as soon as doctors cleared him he would be in the studio working on the band's next album.[26]

[edit] Scream Aim Fire
Bullet for My Valentine's second studio album was recorded at Sonic Ranch Studios with production duties handled by Colin Richardson.[27] The album was released on January 28, 2008 and January 29 in the US.[28] Tuck commented; "The biggest difference is probably the tempo and the aggression. It's a lot more uptempo, a lot more aggressive".[29] The album entered the Billboard 200 at number 4 with 53,000 copies sold in its first week.[3] The band has finished touring North America and Australia for the 2008 Taste of Chaos tour with the bands Atreyu, Idiot Pilot, Blessthefall and Avenged Sevenfold. They also performed at Rock am Ring and Rock im Park and the Download Festival in June 2008. They are confirmed for this years Reading & Leeds festivals in August. Their new single "Waking The Demon" has now hit U.S. radio airways.

It was announced on April 14, 2008 that the band would cut short their Canada tour in order to fly back home in support of bassist Jason 'Jay' James whose daughter has been hospitalised. [30]

They are currently on tour as part of the No Fear Music Tour across North America with Bleeding Through, Cancer Bats and Black Tide.

They will play across Europe on their "European Tour of Duty" with special guests Lacuna Coil at the end of the year.[31]

[edit] Style and influences
Bullet for My Valentine have cited being influenced by bands such as Metallica, Annihilator, Pantera, Machine Head, Iron Maiden, Testament, Slayer, Stuck Mojo, Judas Priest and Megadeth.[32] These bands inspire Bullet for My Valentine's "catchy vocals, aggressive riffs and melodies."[33] Reviewing The Poison, Scott Alisoglu of Blabbermouth.net described the band's sound as "predictable" and the album as a "made-for-MTV breakout hit," comparing the harmonies to Swedish metal band In Flames. However, Alisoglu praised songs such as "Tears Don't Fall" for incorporating "twin lead work, thrashy romps, galloping tempos, and a hot solo."[13] Members of the band have stated they would not change their sound or image for a commercial approach. Tuck commented that, "Without sounding harsh, we're more interested in what our music sounds like than what our hair looks like."[34] Kirk Miller of Decibel magazine praised the band for the effort in synchronised song structures.[15]

[edit] Awards
Lists of miscellaneous information should be avoided. Please relocate any relevant information into appropriate sections or articles. (August 2008)

Bullet for My Valentine have received two awards from Kerrang!, 'Best UK single' for their track Tears Don't Fall in 2006, and 'Best British Newcomer' in 2005. As a result the band headlined Kerrang!'s 25 year anniversary tour of the U.K.[35] The band recorded a cover song for the magazine, Metallica's "Creeping Death", which is featured on the magazine's Higher Voltage compilation disk.[36] Another Metallica cover, "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)", was featured on Metallica" Remastered.[37]

The band won the Welsh Music Award for "Best Newcomer" in 2004,[38] and according to The Sun, were 'booed' when receiving the 2006 Metal Hammer Golden God Award award for 'Best British Band'.[39] Bullet for My Valentine has received coverage in music magazines including being featured on the covers of Metal Hammer, Guitar World and Kerrang, and stories in Revolver, Outburn, Penthouse, Rock Sound, NME, Hit Parader, Total Guitar, Guitar One, Drummer Magazine and Alternative Press.[35]

[edit] Members

[edit] Current members
Matt Tuck – Lead vocals, Rhythm guitar (1998-present)
Michael "Padge" Paget – Lead guitar, Backing vocals (1998-present)
Jason "Jay" James – Bass guitar, Vocals (2003-present)
Michael "Moose" Thomas – Drums, Percussion (1998-present)

[edit] Former members
Nick Crandle – Bass guitar (1998-2003)

[edit] Discography

[edit] Albums
2005: The Poison #128 U.S.
2008: Scream Aim Fire #4 U.S. #5 U.K. #4 AUS. #10 IRE.

[edit] EPs
2002: You/Play with Me
2004: Bullet for My Valentine
2005: Hand of Blood
2006: Hand of Blood EP: Live at Brixton

[edit] DVDs
The Poison: Live at Brixton

[edit] Singles
Year Single Chart positions Album
UK Singles Chart[40][41][42] UK Rock Chart U.S. Modern Rock[16] U.S. Mainstream Rock[16]
2005 "4 Words (To Choke Upon)" 40 - - - The Poison
"Suffocating Under Words of Sorrow (What Can I Do)" 37 - - -
2006 "All These Things I Hate (Revolve Around Me)" 29 - 30 13
"Tears Don't Fall" 37 - 32 24
2007 "Scream Aim Fire" 34 1 26 16 Scream Aim Fire
2008 "Hearts Burst Into Fire" 66 1 - 33
"Waking the Demon" - - - 39

[edit] References
Назад на врх Go down
angel_of_death
Admin
angel_of_death

Број порука : 62
Локација : Haunted Castle

biografija Empty
ПорукаНаслов: Re: biografija   biografija Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 12:23 pm

uh..........nema na srpskom........ No No No
Назад на врх Go down
https://music.forumsc.net
Sponsored content

biografija Empty
ПорукаНаслов: Re: biografija   biografija Icon_minitime

Назад на врх Go down

biografija
Назад на врх 
Страна 1 of 1